May 26th, 2008
- Will The Reverse Mortgage Ceiling Increase by More Than $270,000?
- Are Bank Deposits Above $100,000 Insured?
- Whatever Happened to Savings?
- April 15th — Tax Day, and More
- HUD Scores Big With HECM Program
A few weeks ago my wife and I went to Florida to attend the 60th wedding anniversary of an aunt and uncle.
The honored couple are decent and honorable people who lead a good life. It was great to see that more than 100 friends and family members turned up to celebrate their big day.
Part of the story is that my uncle was among the millions who served in World War II. A war hero with a remarkably-distinguished record, he wore his medals to the anniversary celebration.
Today is Memorial Day, a day to honor those in the military who died defending the country. It’s a good day to recognize those who have served in the Armed Forces, to thank them for their service and to remember those who gave their lives.